Friday, March 21, 2014

epiphany while at PDL

ok so while I was at the Palouse Divide Lode a few weeks ago, I had an epiphany. That is I had a moment of ..."duh, why didn't I think of that before!"  I love to go to PDL for the company, the location and the creativity. I am always amazed at how much I can get done in a few days. My list of things to do is always longer than what I accomplish, but I am ok with that. This last time we had quite a bit fewer attendees, so we had more space per person. There were a few of us that even had two long tables to work at, so I set mine up in an "L" shape. The thing about working at PDL is that you have all your stuff near at hand, because normally there is no room to spread out. At home, in my craft room, I am lucky to have a large space in which to spread out. The thing I realized is that I spend a LOT of time getting up and down to grab new items or put stuff away. So I took last weekend and condensed my work area:


I am always inspired to take a "before" pic, so when I started it looked like this:


this is what it looked like after working/organizing/tossing for about 6 hours:

I had the basic layout where I wanted it, but I had a lot of cleaning still to do

I got this area done the first day. I wanted an area good for taking pictures of projects. There is natural light from the window, plus the lamp. I am planning to get an Ott light soon and also plan to make a photo box out of white poster board or fabric. I got this tip from Becky Roberts--the queen of a great blog pic!!

Not much changed in the front of the room except to straighten my scrapbook and picture storage area. 

I moved the couch so that it would face the tv and give me more room behind it.

The extra room was used to hook up my laptop, printer and Cricut in a permanent area. 

Today is my first day actually working in my craft room since I did this change. I am liking it so far. I have realized that I need a swivel chair to make my work space even more functional. My ink, cardstock, punches, tools, cutters and adhesive are all close at hand. My stamps and ribbon are a bit out of reach, but ya gotta get up and stretch sometimes, right?! 








3 comments:

  1. You have a great space, a very lucky lady indeed. I love coming to your cocktails and crafts too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bev!! Shai and I don't have many classes scheduled anymore. It is getting too hard to fit them into our calendars when we both work. I am contemplating doing some classes either here at my house or at the PCC sometime in the future.

    ReplyDelete