Saturday, August 18, 2012

learning the not so technical stuff . . .

Ok so I am finally feeling better after coming down with the flu last Monday, my house is mostly clean, Emily is working on the laundry, and I have a few hours set aside for "blogging." First thing I learned is to make sure the camera is charged and I know where the cute little tabletop tripod is located before I get started.  I had made some cute cards last week using the new stamp set, Summer Silhouettes, on a stamping afternoon with my friend Tonya that I was planning to make my next post. Next thing I learned is that I need a white box or some sort of set up to take pics while displayed.  Oh well 12x12 whisper white cardstock works well as a backdrop in a pinch.


My favorite thing so far is that I can remember how to edit the photo and add the watermark signature.  Once I got the pic taken I noticed that there was a bit of discontinued SU merchandise, but I am trying not to let it bother me. 

Stamp sets:  Summer Silhouettes, Blooming with Kindness
Ink & Cardstock colors: Kiwi Kiss, Melon Mambo (and some retired dsp), Old Olive, Daffodil Delight
Accessories: Melon Mambo polka dot grosgrain, rhinestone bling, Dazzling Details

2 comments:

  1. Lovely! Just read your entire blog :) Looking good girl! I've always wondered how to do the watermark signature too. Btw, I love your banner style logo! As usual, you Rock!
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cards! Your Blog is looking awesome too!

    ReplyDelete