Friday, August 24, 2012

Stitches and threads

I started out as a quilter right after I married Mike and moved to Palouse. I took a beginning class with Mike's mom, Joanie and his sister, Missy. The class was once a week and we made a sampler quilt. I was totally hooked! I don't do much quilting anymore, but I do enjoy looking at fabric. I still have quite a stash. Quilting and papercrafting are very similar in that you collect materials, cut it all apart and then put it back together in interesting patterns and textures. 

 
here are a few pics of the different areas I have set up on this side of my craft room:
 
I have this shelf that I display my favorite projects that I get from others or have made myself.
 
love this vintage Coca-Cola display shelf for storing my fabric.
 
I dug this shelf thingy out of a burn pile with my friend, ShaiAnn. Now that was fun!!
 
This is my Big Shot, love to use it!!  I love to share it even more, so let me know if you need to come by to cut a bunch of stuff out in pretty shapes!
 
 
My friend, Laura, gave me this faux printer's tray a couple years ago for my birthday. I picked some of my favorite pics of Emily and it found a perfect place on the wall in my craft room. I used a lot of retired SU Designer Series Paper and other embellishments.
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. did you see how happy your old sewing machine is? I like to leave it out so it gets used more :-)

    ReplyDelete