Monday, March 11, 2013

back to reality

I got back from PDL yesterday afternoon, unpacked everything and put it all away. I was feeling pretty good about what I had accomplished until I realized hubby hadn't changed the time on the clock in my craft room yet and I was an hour later in my day. Bummer!

I spent most of the four days scrapbooking, something I rarely do. I realized as I did kept borrowing things from other veteran scrapbookers, that I need to re-assess my supplies. I use a LOT more 12x12 paper and I need more color choices as you never know what will work until you get your photos out on your base layout. I like very simple layouts that make the pictures the main attraction. I did get carried away on a couple layouts, but for the most part was able to power through with simple designs.

Here is one of the layouts I did for Emily's 7th birthday (back in 2007):


Sadly I didn't use any SU products other than the Pink Pirouette 12x12 base of this layout. I got my SU catalog out this morning to study up on the DSP and Simply Scrappin kits. I am definitely ordering some more of these to have on hand for next time. 

I am driving to Anacortes on Friday and plan to start using MDS2 to digitally scrapbook our trip to Maui almost two years ago (sob).  Mike is driving so I can use my laptop on the 6 hour car ride. I will be sure to post some of what I accomplish next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment