Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Day one of digital scrapbooking

Ok I already own the My Digital Studio software from SU--I bought it last year when I needed to make Mike's mom a simple scrapbook for Christmas. She has Alzeimer's and hasn't lived at home for a few years now. The nurses told us that she really enjoyed looking at the pictures of people she had known.  I made a 12 page album and printed it out in one night. It was not fancy--period. I have been trying to get into digital scrapbooking a bit more. I really thought it would be a great project for the trips across the state to see relatives. Problem was that Mike wasn't able to go very often, so therefore I had to drive. Very hard to scrapbook and drive . . .

So SU announced a new upgrade to the digital scrapbooking software--I admit, I never even checked it out. That is until we went to Regionals and saw a presentations on all the changes and upgrades. I didn't get to see a lot of the details, but I am planning to get in touch with the presenter. They have added more ways to personalize and adjust to your own preferences. I decided that when I got home I would download the free 30 day trial version and check it out. Well, I didn't get that done until late Sunday night. Up early on Monday morning as usual I pushed a few buttons and tried a few things out and look what I did in about 30 seconds:
Now I used a picture that my friend, Windy Tevlin, had taken of Emily ealier this summer. I just needed to figure out how to share the projects, so I just wanted something quick. This was using a pre made template, but even then everything on the page could be changed if I wanted to move things around. There were even spots for three more pictures along the right side, but I just wanted to see something finished so left them un-filled. I found a great resource for using My Digital Studio--aka MDS and now the new version is MDS2:


SU has just announced that they have slashed the prices up to 50% FOREVER!! 
on cards, photobooks, everything!!
Click here to see the price list

Watch for more projects and info to come as I learn how to use MDS2 
and figure out more about digital scrapbooking



No comments:

Post a Comment